Shipbuilding is no exception to the application of polyurethane materials, notable for their high water resistance and adhesion to other materials used in shipbuilding:
- Polyurethane sealants, water-resistant one- or two-component paints, varnishes and adhesives.
- Hard PU foam used to fill boat- and cruiser shells (unsinkability).
- Thermo- and noise insulation made of rigid polyurethane foam.
- Composite "sandwich-like" materials with the middle layer made of non-foamed rigid PU foam - used for manufacturing elements of boat shells.
- Rigid PU foam - used for manufacturing life-saving equipment, buoys, floating beacons, etc.
- Various parts made of PU elastomeric substances and thermoplastic polyurethane.
- Soft elements made of elastic and block-structured molded PU foam used for making marine furniture.